Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

    narrowboat_lunabetty@wandering.shopN This user is from outside of this forum
    narrowboat_lunabetty@wandering.shopN This user is from outside of this forum
    narrowboat_lunabetty@wandering.shop
    wrote on sidst redigeret af
    #98

    @Artists_Ali As far as I know I am not ADHD. There is no way I need more thoughts either. I talk to myself both out loud and in my head near enough constantly. Unless I am listening to music or meditating I have not a moments peace.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

      wizbean@tech.lgbtW This user is from outside of this forum
      wizbean@tech.lgbtW This user is from outside of this forum
      wizbean@tech.lgbt
      wrote on sidst redigeret af
      #99

      @Artists_Ali 1000 times 0 is still 0

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

        taatm@mathstodon.xyzT This user is from outside of this forum
        taatm@mathstodon.xyzT This user is from outside of this forum
        taatm@mathstodon.xyz
        wrote on sidst redigeret af
        #100

        @Artists_Ali @YellowReadis
        Seconded. It’s where our chaos magic comes from.

        As part of the tribe, our brain specialism is energy management. We can ramp up to high output but for the same energy it means we also have to ramp down to ‘sleep’ mode where we only appear to be cognitively functioning.

        Without an actual hunt or a predator, we need stimulants to regulate or we sleep mode so much we have excess at night time.

        You don’t want to invite the chaos without the perks.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

          gudenau@hachyderm.ioG This user is from outside of this forum
          gudenau@hachyderm.ioG This user is from outside of this forum
          gudenau@hachyderm.io
          wrote on sidst redigeret af
          #101

          @Artists_Ali I want the ability to have 0 thoughts so I can sleep like a normal person.

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

            averykoi_koi@sunny.gardenA This user is from outside of this forum
            averykoi_koi@sunny.gardenA This user is from outside of this forum
            averykoi_koi@sunny.garden
            wrote on sidst redigeret af
            #102

            @Artists_Ali

            As much as I hate ai I kinda want to see them do this

            Make them taste the entire fucking rainbow

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

              ferricoxide@blahaj.zoneF This user is from outside of this forum
              ferricoxide@blahaj.zoneF This user is from outside of this forum
              ferricoxide@blahaj.zone
              wrote on sidst redigeret af
              #103

              @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden

              Having literally 14 concurrent trains of thought ain't
              all bad. Used to be really useful in my IRC days. Also useful when typing up a document and someone wants to chat right freaking now.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                staringatclouds@mstdn.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                staringatclouds@mstdn.socialS This user is from outside of this forum
                staringatclouds@mstdn.social
                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                #104

                @Artists_Ali You certainly don't want thoughts given to you by the right wing Nazi arseholes who own & operate AI platforms

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                  hexaitos@social.jnpw.netH This user is from outside of this forum
                  hexaitos@social.jnpw.netH This user is from outside of this forum
                  hexaitos@social.jnpw.net
                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                  #105

                  @Artists_Ali There's three other creatures in my head already, we have enough thoughts, thank you very much

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • enalys@mastodon.zergy.netE This user is from outside of this forum
                    enalys@mastodon.zergy.netE This user is from outside of this forum
                    enalys@mastodon.zergy.net
                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                    #106

                    @Artists_Ali
                    It will be like frying your brain.

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                      variaxocellus@mastorol.esV This user is from outside of this forum
                      variaxocellus@mastorol.esV This user is from outside of this forum
                      variaxocellus@mastorol.es
                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                      #107

                      @Artists_Ali Oh yes pour shitposts directly to my neurons three orders of magnitude faster than they operate normally. I don't see how that could cause any downsides whatsoever!

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • reiddragon@fedi.catto.gardenR reiddragon@fedi.catto.garden
                        @Artists_Ali For a breakdown, of those "1000 times more thoughts", about 30% are cat videos playing on repeat, 10% are songs randomly starting to play in your mind, and about 60% are remembering that one time you were awkward 10 to 20 years ago and still beating yourself up over it as every other soul on this wet rock floating in space forgot about it
                        lydiaschoch@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                        lydiaschoch@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                        lydiaschoch@mastodon.social
                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                        #108

                        @reiddragon @Artists_Ali I concur with this explanation.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                          lydiaschoch@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                          lydiaschoch@mastodon.socialL This user is from outside of this forum
                          lydiaschoch@mastodon.social
                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                          #109

                          @Artists_Ali @AngelaPreston we should send all of our excessive thoughts to that executive. They can handle my anxiety for a few years. 😂

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                            dziadekmick@mstdn.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                            dziadekmick@mstdn.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                            dziadekmick@mstdn.social
                            wrote on sidst redigeret af
                            #110

                            @Artists_Ali

                            So, he thinks that thoughts can be created outside the brain. They can't. AI doesn't think, it calculates and it produces data. More bullshit from the fantasists trying to make us buy more AI.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                              baloouriza@social.tulsa.ok.usB This user is from outside of this forum
                              baloouriza@social.tulsa.ok.usB This user is from outside of this forum
                              baloouriza@social.tulsa.ok.us
                              wrote on sidst redigeret af
                              #111

                              @Artists_Ali I'm not ADHD and I have 2 or 3 thoughts at a time... It's really annoying.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                                quinn@social.circl.luQ This user is from outside of this forum
                                quinn@social.circl.lu
                                wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                #112

                                @stefanie @Artists_Ali oh yeah. I have EDS too. 😂

                                S 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • mysturji@mastodonapp.ukM mysturji@mastodonapp.uk

                                  @Artists_Ali
                                  They think it’ll turn them into “Lucy”, but it’ll be more like “The Terminal Man”.

                                  drgroftehauge@sigmoid.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                  drgroftehauge@sigmoid.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                                  drgroftehauge@sigmoid.social
                                  wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                  #113

                                  @mysturji @Artists_Ali Wasn't Lucy also dying from cooking her brain from the inside out? I don't remember or really care.

                                  fckusa@mastodon.socialF 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

                                    @stefanie @Artists_Ali oh yeah. I have EDS too. 😂

                                    S This user is from outside of this forum
                                    S This user is from outside of this forum
                                    stefanie@social.anoxinon.de
                                    wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                    #114

                                    @quinn @Artists_Ali I do know CPTSD and I know I have it, but not officially diagnosed, thank god.
                                    And I get depressive episodes, pretty severe ones sometimes.
                                    EDS is the thing with the hyper mobile joints?

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                      momo@social.linux.pizzaM This user is from outside of this forum
                                      momo@social.linux.pizzaM This user is from outside of this forum
                                      momo@social.linux.pizza
                                      wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                      #115

                                      @Artists_Ali
                                      Absolutely! AuDHD here. You don't want this, it will harm you. It harms us every day and you can't see that: That is our day to day life from the day we were born to the day we die.

                                      You do not want that for you!

                                      momo@social.linux.pizzaM 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • momo@social.linux.pizzaM momo@social.linux.pizza

                                        @Artists_Ali
                                        Absolutely! AuDHD here. You don't want this, it will harm you. It harms us every day and you can't see that: That is our day to day life from the day we were born to the day we die.

                                        You do not want that for you!

                                        momo@social.linux.pizzaM This user is from outside of this forum
                                        momo@social.linux.pizzaM This user is from outside of this forum
                                        momo@social.linux.pizza
                                        wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                        #116

                                        @Artists_Ali
                                        Wanna hear an example? My best friend committed suicide and when I learned about it my brain went into overdrive. When was the point in the process where death was the unavoidable result of his action. How long was he alive after that (7.8 seconds in his case). How does it feel to hit the ground and die? How does it feel to change your mind but can't change the result for the last 7.8 seconds of your life?

                                        This though spiral comes automatically. It's one of the 1000 thoughs in my head. I have to actively suppress them for 12 years now. If not, I will fall into despair and another depression.

                                        When I say you do not want this, I mean stuff like this. Because you have no direct control over this.

                                        helianthropy@tech.lgbtH 1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                          punissuer@universeodon.comP This user is from outside of this forum
                                          punissuer@universeodon.comP This user is from outside of this forum
                                          punissuer@universeodon.com
                                          wrote on sidst redigeret af
                                          #117

                                          @Artists_Ali Zach Weinersmith tried to warn people, but they're gonna build the Torment Nexus regardless…
                                          https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/clock-speed

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper