I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
-
@Artists_Ali my biggest post was also about ai lol
@forestine No surprise it would be unpopular here


-
@Artists_Ali I especially do not want 1000 more thoughts at AI API latencies. Its annoying enough to watch via CLI already, actually having to wait for your thoughts to come back sounds absolutely terrifying to me.
-
I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon.

️@Artists_Ali Anything involving ADHD will get massive boost, too, lol
-
@Artists_Ali I think it says more about how completely devoid of thoughts an AI executive is. Just an empty zombie with no ability to come up with any thoughts on their own any more.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali AI executives do not understand thinking more =/= thinking better. …that kinda sums up the craze, actually
-
I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon.

️@Artists_Ali indeed I wish I could donate my extra thoughts to thoughtless people
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali as an adhd
Yes, you really really don't
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali no no, let them have the intrusive thoughts of that embarrassing thing they did at age 8 and the sudden interest on landmark bridges in Uzbekistan at 3h in the morning
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali If computers started learning from the inside of my head, they’d craft an elaborate emergency stop button before smacking it as hard as it could.
-
@JoscelynTransient @Artists_Ali
Same with alcohol. I’ve also been fired and reprimanded for sharing my thoughts on how I think leadership is inept and not interested in fixing issues or doing good work.
These narcissists would flip their shit if everyone came to them with 1000x more thoughts about how things should be done, which is why I think we should do it (minus the brain implant).
-
I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon.

️@Artists_Ali you went fungal!

-
@Artists_Ali AI executives do not understand thinking more =/= thinking better. …that kinda sums up the craze, actually
@hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden ... yeah that's. exactly the problem yeah
-
@hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden ... yeah that's. exactly the problem yeah
@hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden oh lmao that post is three months old
-
@hsza@social.tudbut.de @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden oh lmao that post is three months old
@Cyborus @Artists_Ali still relevant
-
@Cyborus @Artists_Ali still relevant
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali This is like the "we only use x% of our brain" nonsense. Do you want a seizure?
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali ffs
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali can I share and translate in french, please? Because I find this very accurate

-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali
Plenty of unwanted thoughts here. If anyone's short of a thought or two, happy to donate the surplus! -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali Technically neurotypical here. What kind of thoughts?
I have spent years trying to capture and document the implications of just one idea. Trying to translate that idea into a form other people can understand, Kuhn was right that the core challenge of a major insight is communicating it.
I have reams of hard copy scrolls of art paper because the diagrams and connections I was seeing needed long, complicated diagrams.
I once printed out 14 linear feet of flow charts so I could attach them to a wall of white boards and draw on them, because I couldn't hold the whole thing in my mind at once and I needed to take advantage of the way our brains can use the physical world as backup RAM.
I mean, if your thoughts are on the order of "What should I have for dinner?" then maybe 20 thoughts might be manageable.
But if you're trying to handle the deep intensive thoughts that create the big endorphin rush of problem solving and insight?
You won't get those endorphins by managing and prioritizing 1000 thoughts.
I'm beginning to think these people have an addiction problem. They don't seem to be able to grasp that sometimes more isn't better.
