I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
-
@http_error_418 @Artists_Ali add in a little bit of ocd and chronic pain and trauma and... and welcome to my life. Also im so distracted that i keep forgetting stuff, including how cute a bumblebee is. So there's that.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
Then they can target everyone as neurodivergent...
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali then the company goes under and you become a vegetable, and not a good one.
-
I almost spit my coffee!
@dogfox @Artists_Ali I'm sorry/you're welcome

-
@Artists_Ali it's like they've never read a single piece of sci-fi. They think they're going to be able to choose their thoughts, and not some billionaire's algorithm. Ads beamed directly into their brains, pay to opt out. Have your own thoughts scanned and then sued by the appropriate stakeholder for being unable to have an original one.
@Iwillyeah @Artists_Ali Black Mirror's "Common People" is not an instruction manual for this.
-
I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon.

️@Artists_Ali I must invoke a classic, with credit to @Gargron ...
https://polymaths.social/@kytta/statuses/01JYVMR42TMERB76BQF4HN8CQ8 #woolly #stationWagon
-
@Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.
@quinn @Artists_Ali well now I'm thinking about rich cishet white men having to process my trauma and that's the closest thing I've ever heard to a good argument for this bullshit
(not worth it, but a cat can dream) -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali
All I want out of life is my head to be 50% quieter.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden It could be fine, if the processing capacity was also adjusted accordingly.
In this particular case though, I find that corposcum executive bold to think I would trust their proprietary crap anywhere near my central processor.
-
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden mmm, more thoughts at same speed will saturate the bandwidth and suck ass
but if you could "overclock" brains, THEN it could maybe allow for like...3x more thoughts...lol
adhd is fun but...wait what was i saying?@6@possum.city @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden
THEN it could maybe allow for like…3x more thoughts…lol
Yeah, the thermal envelope the brain operates within has rather limited margins for any internal improvement that doesn’t include a revamp of most of the skull & circulatory system.
-
@Artists_Ali also even if you could wrangle 1,000 simultaneous thoughts at once.... what would you do with it? People are limited to one thing at a time most of the time.
@Umbreon @Artists_Ali Finally catch up on one's Ao3 reading backlog? -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali
THAT IS SO true!
For us 1.000 thoughts less, wouldn't make neurotypicals. -
Executive don't bother, it's impossible to multiply 0
@Aedius @Artists_Ali I'm pretty sure its fine to multiply by zero, just not divide by zero
-
@Artists_Ali yeah, that's a big, not a feature
-
I dunno if I want a 1000 corporate mandated thoughts about why I should make bezos richer by buying things on prime day.
@alienghic @Artists_Ali
have a neuralink installed.survive.
it works?
have all consuming intrusive thoughts that are only temporarily abated via buying tesla stock.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali Plus: the companies behind these services will exploit it, I guarantee it
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali @dzwiedziu Also, they're not ready. Not in the slightest. But also, it could be funny to see when they finally do it.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali AI executive evolved into AI executive dysfunction!
-
we literally already have the internet if we want to hear 1,000 more thoughts, and most of them are Not Good.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali yup, get ready to never really unwind mentally for the rest of your existence lol