Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

    ruenahcmohr@infosec.exchangeR This user is from outside of this forum
    ruenahcmohr@infosec.exchangeR This user is from outside of this forum
    ruenahcmohr@infosec.exchange
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #193

    @Artists_Ali then the company goes under and you become a vegetable, and not a good one.

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • dogfox@kpop.socialD dogfox@kpop.social

      I almost spit my coffee!

      @arclight @Artists_Ali

      arclight@oldbytes.spaceA This user is from outside of this forum
      arclight@oldbytes.spaceA This user is from outside of this forum
      arclight@oldbytes.space
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #194

      @dogfox @Artists_Ali I'm sorry/you're welcome 🙂

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • iwillyeah@mastodon.ieI iwillyeah@mastodon.ie

        @Artists_Ali it's like they've never read a single piece of sci-fi. They think they're going to be able to choose their thoughts, and not some billionaire's algorithm. Ads beamed directly into their brains, pay to opt out. Have your own thoughts scanned and then sued by the appropriate stakeholder for being unable to have an original one.

        holliek72@mastodonapp.ukH This user is from outside of this forum
        holliek72@mastodonapp.ukH This user is from outside of this forum
        holliek72@mastodonapp.uk
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #195

        @Iwillyeah @Artists_Ali Black Mirror's "Common People" is not an instruction manual for this.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

          I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon. 🤷🏻‍♀️

          gnomon@mastodon.socialG This user is from outside of this forum
          gnomon@mastodon.socialG This user is from outside of this forum
          gnomon@mastodon.social
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #196

          @Artists_Ali I must invoke a classic, with credit to @Gargron ...

          https://polymaths.social/@kytta/statuses/01JYVMR42TMERB76BQF4HN8CQ8 #woolly #stationWagon

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • quinn@social.circl.luQ quinn@social.circl.lu

            @Artists_Ali as a person with CPTSD, I would also like to point out that thought content is also an issue, and connecting some brains to the cloud could really mess everyone else up.

            raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
            raphaelmorgan@disabled.socialR This user is from outside of this forum
            raphaelmorgan@disabled.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #197

            @quinn @Artists_Ali well now I'm thinking about rich cishet white men having to process my trauma and that's the closest thing I've ever heard to a good argument for this bullshit 🤔 (not worth it, but a cat can dream)

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

              heathen_cat@furs.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
              heathen_cat@furs.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
              heathen_cat@furs.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #198

              @Artists_Ali
              All I want out of life is my head to be 50% quieter. 😭

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                lispi314@udongein.xyz
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #199

                @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden It could be fine, if the processing capacity was also adjusted accordingly.

                In this particular case though, I find that corposcum executive bold to think I would trust their proprietary crap anywhere near my central processor.

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • 6@possum.city6 6@possum.city

                  @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden mmm, more thoughts at same speed will saturate the bandwidth and suck ass
                  but if you could "overclock" brains, THEN it could maybe allow for like...3x more thoughts...lol

                  adhd is fun but...wait what was i saying?

                  lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                  lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                  lispi314@udongein.xyz
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #200

                  @6@possum.city @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden

                  THEN it could maybe allow for like…3x more thoughts…lol

                  Yeah, the thermal envelope the brain operates within has rather limited margins for any internal improvement that doesn’t include a revamp of most of the skull & circulatory system.

                  6@possum.city6 1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • umbreon@donphan.socialU umbreon@donphan.social

                    @Artists_Ali also even if you could wrangle 1,000 simultaneous thoughts at once.... what would you do with it? People are limited to one thing at a time most of the time.

                    lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                    lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
                    lispi314@udongein.xyz
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #201
                    @Umbreon @Artists_Ali Finally catch up on one's Ao3 reading backlog?
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                      dienstag@norden.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                      dienstag@norden.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
                      dienstag@norden.social
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #202

                      @Artists_Ali
                      THAT IS SO true!
                      For us 1.000 thoughts less, wouldn't make neurotypicals.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • aedius@lavraievie.socialA aedius@lavraievie.social

                        @Artists_Ali

                        Executive don't bother, it's impossible to multiply 0

                        nieuemma@mastodon.deN This user is from outside of this forum
                        nieuemma@mastodon.deN This user is from outside of this forum
                        nieuemma@mastodon.de
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #203

                        @Aedius @Artists_Ali I'm pretty sure its fine to multiply by zero, just not divide by zero

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • boredomfestival@sfba.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
                          boredomfestival@sfba.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
                          boredomfestival@sfba.social
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #204

                          @Artists_Ali yeah, that's a big, not a feature

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • alienghic@timeloop.cafeA alienghic@timeloop.cafe

                            @Artists_Ali

                            I dunno if I want a 1000 corporate mandated thoughts about why I should make bezos richer by buying things on prime day.

                            theeclecticdyslexic@mstdn.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                            theeclecticdyslexic@mstdn.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                            theeclecticdyslexic@mstdn.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #205

                            @alienghic @Artists_Ali
                            have a neuralink installed.

                            survive.

                            it works?

                            have all consuming intrusive thoughts that are only temporarily abated via buying tesla stock.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                              torx@social.tchncs.deT This user is from outside of this forum
                              torx@social.tchncs.deT This user is from outside of this forum
                              torx@social.tchncs.de
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #206

                              @Artists_Ali Plus: the companies behind these services will exploit it, I guarantee it

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                aubreydelosdestinos@101010.plA This user is from outside of this forum
                                aubreydelosdestinos@101010.plA This user is from outside of this forum
                                aubreydelosdestinos@101010.pl
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #207

                                @Artists_Ali @dzwiedziu Also, they're not ready. Not in the slightest. But also, it could be funny to see when they finally do it.

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                  wizbean@tech.lgbtW This user is from outside of this forum
                                  wizbean@tech.lgbtW This user is from outside of this forum
                                  wizbean@tech.lgbt
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #208

                                  @Artists_Ali AI executive evolved into AI executive dysfunction!

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • burnitdown@beige.partyB burnitdown@beige.party

                                    @Artists_Ali

                                    we literally already have the internet if we want to hear 1,000 more thoughts, and most of them are Not Good.

                                    rubelicious@mastodon.ieR This user is from outside of this forum
                                    rubelicious@mastodon.ieR This user is from outside of this forum
                                    rubelicious@mastodon.ie
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #209

                                    @burnitdown

                                    Perfect toot

                                    Perfect username

                                    Perfect server choice

                                    Have a follow

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                      I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                      Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                      You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                      You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                      lucydev@wetdry.worldL This user is from outside of this forum
                                      lucydev@wetdry.worldL This user is from outside of this forum
                                      lucydev@wetdry.world
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #210

                                      @Artists_Ali yup, get ready to never really unwind mentally for the rest of your existence lol

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                        samd@social.coopS This user is from outside of this forum
                                        samd@social.coopS This user is from outside of this forum
                                        samd@social.coop
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #211

                                        @Artists_Ali now I’m thinking of the Invincible meme, “look what they need to mimic a fraction of our power”, with the “power” crossed out and replaced with “paralyzing anxiety”

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                          theothersimo@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                                          theothersimo@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                                          theothersimo@mastodon.social
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #212

                                          @Artists_Ali I mean all their thoughts are from dystopian movies anyway, so why not.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper