Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

Planlagt Fastgjort Låst Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
222 Indlæg 171 Posters 0 Visninger
  • Ældste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til ældste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne tråd er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • 6@possum.city6 6@possum.city

    @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden mmm, more thoughts at same speed will saturate the bandwidth and suck ass
    but if you could "overclock" brains, THEN it could maybe allow for like...3x more thoughts...lol

    adhd is fun but...wait what was i saying?

    lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
    lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
    lispi314@udongein.xyz
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #200

    @6@possum.city @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden

    THEN it could maybe allow for like…3x more thoughts…lol

    Yeah, the thermal envelope the brain operates within has rather limited margins for any internal improvement that doesn’t include a revamp of most of the skull & circulatory system.

    6@possum.city6 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • umbreon@donphan.socialU umbreon@donphan.social

      @Artists_Ali also even if you could wrangle 1,000 simultaneous thoughts at once.... what would you do with it? People are limited to one thing at a time most of the time.

      lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
      lispi314@udongein.xyzL This user is from outside of this forum
      lispi314@udongein.xyz
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #201
      @Umbreon @Artists_Ali Finally catch up on one's Ao3 reading backlog?
      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

        dienstag@norden.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
        dienstag@norden.socialD This user is from outside of this forum
        dienstag@norden.social
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #202

        @Artists_Ali
        THAT IS SO true!
        For us 1.000 thoughts less, wouldn't make neurotypicals.

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • aedius@lavraievie.socialA aedius@lavraievie.social

          @Artists_Ali

          Executive don't bother, it's impossible to multiply 0

          nieuemma@mastodon.deN This user is from outside of this forum
          nieuemma@mastodon.deN This user is from outside of this forum
          nieuemma@mastodon.de
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #203

          @Aedius @Artists_Ali I'm pretty sure its fine to multiply by zero, just not divide by zero

          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • boredomfestival@sfba.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
            boredomfestival@sfba.socialB This user is from outside of this forum
            boredomfestival@sfba.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #204

            @Artists_Ali yeah, that's a big, not a feature

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • alienghic@timeloop.cafeA alienghic@timeloop.cafe

              @Artists_Ali

              I dunno if I want a 1000 corporate mandated thoughts about why I should make bezos richer by buying things on prime day.

              theeclecticdyslexic@mstdn.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
              theeclecticdyslexic@mstdn.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
              theeclecticdyslexic@mstdn.social
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #205

              @alienghic @Artists_Ali
              have a neuralink installed.

              survive.

              it works?

              have all consuming intrusive thoughts that are only temporarily abated via buying tesla stock.

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                torx@social.tchncs.deT This user is from outside of this forum
                torx@social.tchncs.deT This user is from outside of this forum
                torx@social.tchncs.de
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #206

                @Artists_Ali Plus: the companies behind these services will exploit it, I guarantee it

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                  aubreydelosdestinos@101010.plA This user is from outside of this forum
                  aubreydelosdestinos@101010.plA This user is from outside of this forum
                  aubreydelosdestinos@101010.pl
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #207

                  @Artists_Ali @dzwiedziu Also, they're not ready. Not in the slightest. But also, it could be funny to see when they finally do it.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  0
                  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                    wizbean@tech.lgbtW This user is from outside of this forum
                    wizbean@tech.lgbtW This user is from outside of this forum
                    wizbean@tech.lgbt
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #208

                    @Artists_Ali AI executive evolved into AI executive dysfunction!

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • burnitdown@beige.partyB burnitdown@beige.party

                      @Artists_Ali

                      we literally already have the internet if we want to hear 1,000 more thoughts, and most of them are Not Good.

                      rubelicious@mastodon.ieR This user is from outside of this forum
                      rubelicious@mastodon.ieR This user is from outside of this forum
                      rubelicious@mastodon.ie
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #209

                      @burnitdown

                      Perfect toot

                      Perfect username

                      Perfect server choice

                      Have a follow

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                        I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                        Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                        You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                        You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                        lucydev@wetdry.worldL This user is from outside of this forum
                        lucydev@wetdry.worldL This user is from outside of this forum
                        lucydev@wetdry.world
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #210

                        @Artists_Ali yup, get ready to never really unwind mentally for the rest of your existence lol

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                          samd@social.coopS This user is from outside of this forum
                          samd@social.coopS This user is from outside of this forum
                          samd@social.coop
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #211

                          @Artists_Ali now I’m thinking of the Invincible meme, “look what they need to mimic a fraction of our power”, with the “power” crossed out and replaced with “paralyzing anxiety”

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                            I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                            Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                            You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                            You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                            theothersimo@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                            theothersimo@mastodon.socialT This user is from outside of this forum
                            theothersimo@mastodon.social
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #212

                            @Artists_Ali I mean all their thoughts are from dystopian movies anyway, so why not.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                              I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                              Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                              You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                              You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                              howlingeverett@friendsofdesoto.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                              howlingeverett@friendsofdesoto.socialH This user is from outside of this forum
                              howlingeverett@friendsofdesoto.social
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #213

                              @Artists_Ali I got 999 thoughts and they’re all about something stupid I said on a video call last week and what bad things might happen because of that.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • lispi314@udongein.xyzL lispi314@udongein.xyz

                                @6@possum.city @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden

                                THEN it could maybe allow for like…3x more thoughts…lol

                                Yeah, the thermal envelope the brain operates within has rather limited margins for any internal improvement that doesn’t include a revamp of most of the skull & circulatory system.

                                6@possum.city6 This user is from outside of this forum
                                6@possum.city6 This user is from outside of this forum
                                6@possum.city
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #214

                                @lispi314@udongein.xyz @Artists_Ali@sunny.garden liquid cooling tap to the brain

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                  I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                  Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                  You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                  You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                  zgryphon@privacysafe.socialZ This user is from outside of this forum
                                  zgryphon@privacysafe.socialZ This user is from outside of this forum
                                  zgryphon@privacysafe.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #215

                                  @Artists_Ali Especially when 999 of them are "SQUIRREL!" and the thousandth is "I wonder what Brian May is doing today?"

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                    I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                    Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                    You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                    You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                    falcennial@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                    falcennial@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                    falcennial@mastodon.social
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #216

                                    @Artists_Ali to the neurotypicals amongst us, and within the domain of thought, I would suggest seeking improvements in quality, not quantity.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • bazkie@beige.partyB bazkie@beige.party

                                      @Artists_Ali and they WILL contain ads 😬

                                      fckusa@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                      fckusa@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                      fckusa@mastodon.social
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #217

                                      @bazkie @Artists_Ali With AI Slop

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • drgroftehauge@sigmoid.socialD drgroftehauge@sigmoid.social

                                        @mysturji @Artists_Ali Wasn't Lucy also dying from cooking her brain from the inside out? I don't remember or really care.

                                        fckusa@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                        fckusa@mastodon.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                        fckusa@mastodon.social
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #218

                                        @drgroftehauge @mysturji @Artists_Ali She transformed into an USB Stick. Much creative very innovative

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • artists_ali@sunny.gardenA artists_ali@sunny.garden

                                          I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.

                                          Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-

                                          You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.

                                          You may think you do, but you extremely do not.

                                          madargon@is-a.catM This user is from outside of this forum
                                          madargon@is-a.catM This user is from outside of this forum
                                          madargon@is-a.cat
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #219

                                          @Artists_Ali sounds like huge disadvantage when someone wants to meditate or simply relax. As depressed extreme introvert I just want to have kind of switch to turn OFF this constant annoying internal monologue full od self-criticism and pointless "what if..." wondering.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Ældste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til ældste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • Populære
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper