Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • PopulΓ¦re
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
  1. Forside
  2. Ikke-kategoriseret
  3. ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Planlagt Fastgjort LΓ₯st Flyttet Ikke-kategoriseret
32 Indlæg 24 Posters 8 Visninger
  • Γ†ldste til nyeste
  • Nyeste til Γ¦ldste
  • Most Votes
Svar
  • Svar som emne
Login for at svare
Denne trΓ₯d er blevet slettet. Kun brugere med emne behandlings privilegier kan se den.
  • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
    natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
    natasha_jay@tech.lgbt
    wrote sidst redigeret af
    #1

    ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

    moritzboth@chaos.socialM forgottenhero@toot.walesF 3janeta@beige.party3 L annabee92@mastodon.socialA 17 Replies Last reply
    1
    0
    • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN natasha_jay@tech.lgbt

      ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

      moritzboth@chaos.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
      moritzboth@chaos.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
      moritzboth@chaos.social
      wrote sidst redigeret af
      #2

      @Natasha_Jay this is great, do you have a source / reference?

      natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN 1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN natasha_jay@tech.lgbt

        ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

        forgottenhero@toot.walesF This user is from outside of this forum
        forgottenhero@toot.walesF This user is from outside of this forum
        forgottenhero@toot.wales
        wrote sidst redigeret af
        #3

        @Natasha_Jay

        I've tried being 'The One' in the past.
        It's expensive.
        I've been side-lined, missed promotions and emptied rooms by just walking into them.
        I've lost jobs, friends in high places who were never real friends.
        And yes the females at work shunned me too. Every time.

        You are part of the 50% against the manosphere and have some backup. Try doing it alone with none.

        Sorry.
        Rant over.

        endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE gins@mastodon.gamedev.placeG 2 Replies Last reply
        0
        • moritzboth@chaos.socialM moritzboth@chaos.social

          @Natasha_Jay this is great, do you have a source / reference?

          natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
          natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
          natasha_jay@tech.lgbt
          wrote sidst redigeret af
          #4

          @moritzboth
          Working on it! Regardless, it's spot on for me...

          moritzboth@chaos.socialM 1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN natasha_jay@tech.lgbt

            @moritzboth
            Working on it! Regardless, it's spot on for me...

            moritzboth@chaos.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
            moritzboth@chaos.socialM This user is from outside of this forum
            moritzboth@chaos.social
            wrote sidst redigeret af
            #5

            @Natasha_Jay I totally agree, that's why I'd like to know who said it this way first. Already searched for it, but it is probably not easy to find, the web is full of that quote

            natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN famq@stranger.socialF 2 Replies Last reply
            0
            • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN natasha_jay@tech.lgbt

              ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

              3janeta@beige.party3 This user is from outside of this forum
              3janeta@beige.party3 This user is from outside of this forum
              3janeta@beige.party
              wrote sidst redigeret af
              #6

              @Natasha_Jay correction, 10 think they’re good men because that first guy doesn’t think he did anything wrong

              natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN 1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • 3janeta@beige.party3 3janeta@beige.party

                @Natasha_Jay correction, 10 think they’re good men because that first guy doesn’t think he did anything wrong

                natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
                natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
                natasha_jay@tech.lgbt
                wrote sidst redigeret af
                #7

                @3janeTA
                Yeah πŸ˜•

                1 Reply Last reply
                0
                • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN natasha_jay@tech.lgbt

                  ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

                  L This user is from outside of this forum
                  L This user is from outside of this forum
                  luc0x61@mastodon.gamedev.place
                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                  #8

                  @Natasha_Jay I admit to be in the silent group. Not just for that case, but about so many other facts where I feel I should stand up.
                  This is quite embarrassing to admit, but it's my confirm I'm a misanthrope: I just don't have a didactical example to show. I don't believe anymore in giving a better education to these people.

                  schafstelze@don.linxx.netS endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE 2 Replies Last reply
                  0
                  • L luc0x61@mastodon.gamedev.place

                    @Natasha_Jay I admit to be in the silent group. Not just for that case, but about so many other facts where I feel I should stand up.
                    This is quite embarrassing to admit, but it's my confirm I'm a misanthrope: I just don't have a didactical example to show. I don't believe anymore in giving a better education to these people.

                    schafstelze@don.linxx.netS This user is from outside of this forum
                    schafstelze@don.linxx.netS This user is from outside of this forum
                    schafstelze@don.linxx.net
                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                    #9

                    @luc0x61 @Natasha_Jay I believe it's not so much about 'educating' the one male person but to support the women

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • forgottenhero@toot.walesF forgottenhero@toot.wales

                      @Natasha_Jay

                      I've tried being 'The One' in the past.
                      It's expensive.
                      I've been side-lined, missed promotions and emptied rooms by just walking into them.
                      I've lost jobs, friends in high places who were never real friends.
                      And yes the females at work shunned me too. Every time.

                      You are part of the 50% against the manosphere and have some backup. Try doing it alone with none.

                      Sorry.
                      Rant over.

                      endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE This user is from outside of this forum
                      endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE This user is from outside of this forum
                      endlessmason@hachyderm.io
                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                      #10

                      @ForgottenHero @Natasha_Jay
                      Sounds like you're doing good work

                      Quick note though, being "against the manosphere" doesn't read quite right when you've just used the term "females" like a ferengi or a nature documentarian or a straight up manosphere chud

                      forgottenhero@toot.walesF 1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN natasha_jay@tech.lgbt

                        ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

                        annabee92@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                        annabee92@mastodon.socialA This user is from outside of this forum
                        annabee92@mastodon.social
                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                        #11

                        @Natasha_Jay I've been thinking a lot about how racism works the same. It's really impressive how easy of a time people have pretending like discrimination isn't happening even though it's happening everywhere all the time. I feel like the system is upheld most by people who remain silent.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • L luc0x61@mastodon.gamedev.place

                          @Natasha_Jay I admit to be in the silent group. Not just for that case, but about so many other facts where I feel I should stand up.
                          This is quite embarrassing to admit, but it's my confirm I'm a misanthrope: I just don't have a didactical example to show. I don't believe anymore in giving a better education to these people.

                          endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE This user is from outside of this forum
                          endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE This user is from outside of this forum
                          endlessmason@hachyderm.io
                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                          #12

                          @luc0x61 @Natasha_Jay
                          It's not working because you're not doing it tho

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          0
                          • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN natasha_jay@tech.lgbt

                            ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

                            robotistry@fediscience.orgR This user is from outside of this forum
                            robotistry@fediscience.orgR This user is from outside of this forum
                            robotistry@fediscience.org
                            wrote sidst redigeret af
                            #13

                            @Natasha_Jay
                            I've been a woman in the room with two men, when one has referred to the other's pregnant wife so offensively that I would have thought it would have caused a major breach, and I was silent.

                            It's hard to know what to say in the moment, when you're reeling from shock that someone thought that was an okay thing to say to anyone, much less a colleague or friend.

                            I don't believe any of the three of us in that conversation were "good guys". I do think the insulting guy thought he was being funny, and the other guy was his friend and took it in that spirit. And I felt like it was his role to speak out, since it was his wife and he would know better than I just how upset (or not) she'd be about it.

                            But since then, I've tried to be more prepared to speak out.

                            And speaking out has been a tremendous relief, even as it has lost me opportunities. It feels like putting the emotional work of coping with their words back on their shoulders, where it belongs.

                            R 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • moritzboth@chaos.socialM moritzboth@chaos.social

                              @Natasha_Jay I totally agree, that's why I'd like to know who said it this way first. Already searched for it, but it is probably not easy to find, the web is full of that quote

                              natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
                              natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN This user is from outside of this forum
                              natasha_jay@tech.lgbt
                              wrote sidst redigeret af
                              #14

                              @moritzboth
                              Yeah. It resonated. As a trans woman I've been one of the four quiet ones in a past life.

                              I sat there. So I know how true this is, and feel it in my bones.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • forgottenhero@toot.walesF forgottenhero@toot.wales

                                @Natasha_Jay

                                I've tried being 'The One' in the past.
                                It's expensive.
                                I've been side-lined, missed promotions and emptied rooms by just walking into them.
                                I've lost jobs, friends in high places who were never real friends.
                                And yes the females at work shunned me too. Every time.

                                You are part of the 50% against the manosphere and have some backup. Try doing it alone with none.

                                Sorry.
                                Rant over.

                                gins@mastodon.gamedev.placeG This user is from outside of this forum
                                gins@mastodon.gamedev.placeG This user is from outside of this forum
                                gins@mastodon.gamedev.place
                                wrote sidst redigeret af
                                #15

                                @ForgottenHero Speaking from the perspective of a bullying target, rather than a woman, which seems similar to me in many situations:
                                a bullying target often doesn't want somebody else to decide when and how to fight their fights. They might instead want the reassurance, that they can pick the fight that concerns them when they feel it is the right moment, and the others have _their_ back, instead of the bully's.

                                Hope that's not too far off @Natasha_Jay

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • moritzboth@chaos.socialM moritzboth@chaos.social

                                  @Natasha_Jay I totally agree, that's why I'd like to know who said it this way first. Already searched for it, but it is probably not easy to find, the web is full of that quote

                                  famq@stranger.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                  famq@stranger.socialF This user is from outside of this forum
                                  famq@stranger.social
                                  wrote sidst redigeret af
                                  #16

                                  @moritzboth @Natasha_Jay
                                  Rhiannon Ingle, writing for Tyla attributes the quote to https://www.tiktok.com/@brookcore/video/7610160857284201742 .

                                  I don't know whether the journalist verified that it was written by this toktoker. I don't have an account, otherwise I'd reach out.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • endlessmason@hachyderm.ioE endlessmason@hachyderm.io

                                    @ForgottenHero @Natasha_Jay
                                    Sounds like you're doing good work

                                    Quick note though, being "against the manosphere" doesn't read quite right when you've just used the term "females" like a ferengi or a nature documentarian or a straight up manosphere chud

                                    forgottenhero@toot.walesF This user is from outside of this forum
                                    forgottenhero@toot.walesF This user is from outside of this forum
                                    forgottenhero@toot.wales
                                    wrote sidst redigeret af
                                    #17

                                    @EndlessMason @Natasha_Jay

                                    I think you need to mansplain that to me.

                                    Without the insult would be good.

                                    everton137@social.vivaldi.netE 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • natasha_jay@tech.lgbtN natasha_jay@tech.lgbt

                                      ThisπŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

                                      serena@lgbtqia.spaceS This user is from outside of this forum
                                      serena@lgbtqia.spaceS This user is from outside of this forum
                                      serena@lgbtqia.space
                                      wrote sidst redigeret af
                                      #18

                                      @Natasha_Jay And the manosphere is so upset about the idea of trans women, because they know we have the receipts. We have been around men when they thought there were only other men around. We know how much worse they are when they think there are no women in the room.

                                      Some of us tried to push back on misogyny, and were told, β€œit’s a joke,” β€œdon’t get your panties in a twist,” or were β€œplayfully” threatened and insulted. Treated the way they treat women. And while the predators were doing this, a few of the others either chuckled along or were silent. Very occasionally, there would be one man who would agree that misogyny was unacceptable. Once a second had spoken up against the predator, the tide quickly turned. This was unfortunately not a frequency occurrence.

                                      Men, if you aren’t actively tryjng to shut down misogyny every time you hear it, no matter the impact that pushback might have on you, then your silence will be seen as tacit acceptance by the other men. And however much you might think you are one of the β€œgood guys,” you will be furthering misogyny.

                                      Good men speak up. Good men know it is not β€œjust a joke.” Good men don’t let other men demean women, whether or not they think there are women present.

                                      R 1 Reply Last reply
                                      0
                                      • robotistry@fediscience.orgR robotistry@fediscience.org

                                        @Natasha_Jay
                                        I've been a woman in the room with two men, when one has referred to the other's pregnant wife so offensively that I would have thought it would have caused a major breach, and I was silent.

                                        It's hard to know what to say in the moment, when you're reeling from shock that someone thought that was an okay thing to say to anyone, much less a colleague or friend.

                                        I don't believe any of the three of us in that conversation were "good guys". I do think the insulting guy thought he was being funny, and the other guy was his friend and took it in that spirit. And I felt like it was his role to speak out, since it was his wife and he would know better than I just how upset (or not) she'd be about it.

                                        But since then, I've tried to be more prepared to speak out.

                                        And speaking out has been a tremendous relief, even as it has lost me opportunities. It feels like putting the emotional work of coping with their words back on their shoulders, where it belongs.

                                        R This user is from outside of this forum
                                        R This user is from outside of this forum
                                        rickd6@mstdn.ca
                                        wrote sidst redigeret af
                                        #19

                                        @Natasha_Jay @Robotistry the β€˜act’ of silence is not a strong enough objection for the offensive individual to change their behavior. Even if there’s no one supporting them in that situation they will just voice it again later hopeful of finding a receptive audience.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        0
                                        • serena@lgbtqia.spaceS serena@lgbtqia.space

                                          @Natasha_Jay And the manosphere is so upset about the idea of trans women, because they know we have the receipts. We have been around men when they thought there were only other men around. We know how much worse they are when they think there are no women in the room.

                                          Some of us tried to push back on misogyny, and were told, β€œit’s a joke,” β€œdon’t get your panties in a twist,” or were β€œplayfully” threatened and insulted. Treated the way they treat women. And while the predators were doing this, a few of the others either chuckled along or were silent. Very occasionally, there would be one man who would agree that misogyny was unacceptable. Once a second had spoken up against the predator, the tide quickly turned. This was unfortunately not a frequency occurrence.

                                          Men, if you aren’t actively tryjng to shut down misogyny every time you hear it, no matter the impact that pushback might have on you, then your silence will be seen as tacit acceptance by the other men. And however much you might think you are one of the β€œgood guys,” you will be furthering misogyny.

                                          Good men speak up. Good men know it is not β€œjust a joke.” Good men don’t let other men demean women, whether or not they think there are women present.

                                          R This user is from outside of this forum
                                          R This user is from outside of this forum
                                          rickd6@mstdn.ca
                                          wrote sidst redigeret af
                                          #20

                                          @Natasha_Jay @Serena a quick question such as - would you be willing to say this if the woman (and her husband?) was standing here? May help lower the willingness to insult and helps show the cowardice of the comment to the others in the room.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0
                                          Svar
                                          • Svar som emne
                                          Login for at svare
                                          • Γ†ldste til nyeste
                                          • Nyeste til Γ¦ldste
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Log ind

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          Powered by NodeBB Contributors
                                          Graciously hosted by data.coop
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Hjem
                                          • Seneste
                                          • Etiketter
                                          • PopulΓ¦re
                                          • Verden
                                          • Bruger
                                          • Grupper