I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
He’s marketing this to the thoughts and prayers people. Those who are so mindless they can’t think of anything else to say when they’re faced with yet another tragedy.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali hard pass here
-
@stefanie @Artists_Ali why not get a diagnosis? It generally comes with suggestions and treatments.
-
@stefanie @Artists_Ali why not get a diagnosis? It generally comes with suggestions and treatments.
@stefanie @Artists_Ali and yeah, EDS is the your collagen sucks disease.
-
@stefanie @Artists_Ali why not get a diagnosis? It generally comes with suggestions and treatments.
@quinn @Artists_Ali because of the medical system here. I've seen what happens. Finding a therapist is already almost impossible, let alone one that is specialized in trauma.
And once you have any psychiatric diagnosis on file, every doctor can see that and will see anything you ever have as psychosomatic.The german medical system is completely broken, even more so for anything psychiatric/psychological.
-
@stefanie @Artists_Ali when I've dealt with such people I usually impart some of my experience in terms of shared trauma. It doesn't always work, but a trauma shared is a trauma halved or something I guess.

-
@stefanie @Artists_Ali when I've dealt with such people I usually impart some of my experience in terms of shared trauma. It doesn't always work, but a trauma shared is a trauma halved or something I guess.

@quinn @Artists_Ali I've already seen too much with being trans. Didn't find a therapist for that either, have to do transition on my own dime with no support, and have had quite a few times when doctors wanted to refuse to treat me for completely unrelated things, just because I'm trans.
If I get a psychiatric diagnosis on top of that, I loose any chance to get anything treated if something happens.
And our government is working overtime to make it even worse.
I'm better off on my own. -
@Artists_Ali But putting all of my stupid thoughts in the cloud and keeping the sensible ones in my head would be a big win!
@david_chisnall @Artists_Ali I have Mastodon for that.
-
@Artists_Ali Here, buried in the rubble of my thousand thoughts per second, I agree with you.
-
@Artists_Ali
Wanna hear an example? My best friend committed suicide and when I learned about it my brain went into overdrive. When was the point in the process where death was the unavoidable result of his action. How long was he alive after that (7.8 seconds in his case). How does it feel to hit the ground and die? How does it feel to change your mind but can't change the result for the last 7.8 seconds of your life?This though spiral comes automatically. It's one of the 1000 thoughs in my head. I have to actively suppress them for 12 years now. If not, I will fall into despair and another depression.
When I say you do not want this, I mean stuff like this. Because you have no direct control over this.
-
@stefanie @Artists_Ali you're best off in community
️ -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali As a mostly neurotypical person who cares a whole lot about and spends much time with a person with an ADHD brain, even i can see that more thoughts is just exhausting.
-
@stefanie @Artists_Ali you're best off in community
️@quinn @Artists_Ali I believe you. And I wish I could say I know. But I never found a community where I felt accepted, let alone welcome.
Other than the open workshop I've been going to recently. Maybe I finally found a place.Just as our government is about to force me to leave the country. Loneliness is the one consequence of cptsd that I'm unable to overcome. 46 years, not a single real relationship, 1 friend left.
-
@JoscelynTransient
You is a goose? -
@stefanie @Artists_Ali the trick that has worked for me was finding ways to be of service to others, Volunteering in whatever way possible, giving time and work and help as much as possible, being reliable and available. It's not instantaneous, but it's what makes a life work, and what makes bonds with others. And if you can't stand people, there's aways animal shelters

-
@stefanie @Artists_Ali the trick that has worked for me was finding ways to be of service to others, Volunteering in whatever way possible, giving time and work and help as much as possible, being reliable and available. It's not instantaneous, but it's what makes a life work, and what makes bonds with others. And if you can't stand people, there's aways animal shelters

@quinn @Artists_Ali That's exactly what I'm doing at the open workshop. Offering help whenever I can, trying to be the best version of me I can be.
And it seems to be working. I've already been invited to a birthday party next weekend.
I'm a little worried that something might trigger my dysregulation and I might not catch it early enough to escape without causing social damage.
But that's a risk I have to take. -
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
This made me scream inside, amidst the rest of my thoughts.
-
I just saw a video of an AI executive saying that people will connect their brains to the cloud so they can have 1,000 times more thoughts.
Neurotypical people. Please listen to me. I promise you, with all the ADHD in my body-
You really do not want 1,000 more thoughts.
You may think you do, but you extremely do not.
@Artists_Ali@sunny.garden The only "cloud" I wanna connect my brain to is the shapeless eldritch monstrosity outside of euclidean space.
-
This made me scream inside, amidst the rest of my thoughts.
@RobotDiver @Artists_Ali my brain is already an overcrowded zoo, why in the gods’ name would I ever want my brain to do More Thoughts
-
Most of those thoughts are going to be really stupid or irritating!
100% for sure.
I did not know it was possible to go this viral on Mastodon.

️
