@pluralistic WHAT
evan@cosocial.ca
Indlæg
-
Well, this is cute. -
Personal computers were introduced around 1975 and were widespread in offices by 1985.Personal computers were introduced around 1975 and were widespread in offices by 1985. The Internet was widely available by 1995.
Yes, there was a cohort of people who grew up and became adults without Internet-connected computers in their lives. Those people are dead. Baby Boomers in their 70s, 80s and 90s used networked PCs 40 years ago.
The idea that grandmas and grandpas, much less parents and aunts and uncles, are inexperienced with technology is obsolete and meaningless. Enough already.
-
Of all the ActivityPub servers that have ever been publicly available, how many do you think are still up today?@virtuous_sloth @mrdk yes, I'd probably say something like, "Of all the people who've ever had ActivityPub accounts, how many are still available today," or something similar.
-
Of all the ActivityPub servers that have ever been publicly available, how many do you think are still up today?@smallcircles @mrdk I wonder what the implications you read into the poll that made you think that single-user servers shouldn't count. What do you think it is "really" asking, or should be really asking?
-
Of all the ActivityPub servers that have ever been publicly available, how many do you think are still up today?@smallcircles @mrdk Also, I ask the questions I want answers to. I don't like being told by other people what questions I should ask. If *you* want to ask some different question, you should definitely do it! Let me know, and I'll boost it.
-
Of all the ActivityPub servers that have ever been publicly available, how many do you think are still up today?@smallcircles @mrdk why?
-
Of all the ActivityPub servers that have ever been publicly available, how many do you think are still up today?@mrdk Also, as far as I can tell, about 55% of all Fediverse users are on the top 20 biggest servers. About 88% are on the top 100; about 99% are on the top 1000 biggest servers.
-
Of all the ActivityPub servers that have ever been publicly available, how many do you think are still up today?@mrdk As far as I can tell, about 47% of live servers are single-user.
What do you mean that the lifetime of servers doesn't tell much about the Fediverse as a whole?
-
Of all the ActivityPub servers that have ever been publicly available, how many do you think are still up today?Of all the ActivityPub servers that have ever been publicly available, how many do you think are still up today?
-
Do you know what you should do with your life? -
Do you know what you should do with your life? -
Do you know what you should do with your life? -
Do you know what you should do with your life?@splicer ha!
How are you doing, anyway?
-
Do you know what you should do with your life? -
Should leaders in democratic countries live in the same building where they work?I think it's good to separate these functions into separate buildings. I like having professional administrators operate the government. So, I would say no.
-
Should leaders in democratic countries live in the same building where they work?@stinerman I mean, that's what the president of the United States does. Don't you consider him a leader of the country?
-
Should leaders in democratic countries live in the same building where they work?Here in Canada, the Prime Minister has a residence at 24 Sussex Drive, but a separate office building. Ceremonial events happen either at 24 Sussex Drive or at Rideau Hall, the residence and office of the Governor General.
(24 Sussex Drive is being renovated, so nothing happens there right now. But, you know, *usually*.)
-
Should leaders in democratic countries live in the same building where they work?There's definitely a difference here between constitutional monarchies and republics. It's not universal, but it seems like heads of government, like PMs, are less likely to live in their workplace if there's a monarch who combines a residence with a ceremonial centre.
-
Should leaders in democratic countries live in the same building where they work?Hey, everyone. Thanks for the replies and responses.
Some countries like the US, France, and Brazil have a presidential palace that combines an official residence with a ceremonial centre and an administrative office.
Others, like Japan, Germany and Norway separate these functions into different buildings. Some heads of government even live in private homes.
-
Should leaders in democratic countries live in the same building where they work?@malte looking it up, it seems like the Prime Minister of Denmark works from the Christiansborg Palace, but has a private residence?