Skip to content
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper
Temaer
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Kollaps
FARVEL BIG TECH
muddle@infosec.exchangeM

muddle@infosec.exchange

@muddle@infosec.exchange
About
Indlæg
26
Emner
0
Fremhævelser
0
Grupper
0
Følgere
0
Følger
0

Vis Original

Indlæg

Seneste Bedste Controversial

  • The hardest part of flying home from Japan is adjusting to the time change.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @mathowie going from mask up where it's needed (本音と建前) to "wearing masks is woke"...

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • AI has (incorrectly) identified me as the author of a smut book called “My Grumpy Billionaire Secret” and offered to replace my AI audiobooks with new AI audio
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @molly0xfff iLands in the (internet) stream, that is what we are...

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • It's well known that an infinite number of monkeys will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @mcc LEAN in, sister.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Teaching fifth graders to properly bind books because it's interesting but also because I suspect it might be a needed life skill the way things are going.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @futurebird although who needs binding? Jack Kerouac didn't.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Damn I am tired of people laughing about Deutsche Bahn.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @plactagonic @jon We had the same kind of joke in Ireland when CIE ran both buses and trains: we used to call it Cycling Is Easier. Probably universal, as you say.

    Ikke-kategoriseret crossborderrail

  • I’ve probably said this before, but I don’t get why people reply with “yeah but your action won’t solve the entire problem” where «problem» is a massive systemic issue; as if that kind of reply were worth considering or profound or something.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @drahardja

    I think:

    • be suitably pessimistic in order to figure out the most important area to work on (do risk analysis)
    • build a prototype to prove the naysayers wrong
    • be prepared to throw away prototypes
    • build knowledge and expertise
    • iterate

    Some people are just energy vampires. Exclude them or give them the grey rock treatment.

    I think pessimism as a philosophy gets a bad rap, but when you see a persistently negative person, it's not necessarily pessimism that drives them, but nihilism. Definitely avoid/shun those ones!

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • My brother-in-law's laptop stopped working.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @davidtheeviloverlord When they said "do not fold, spindle or mutilate" that was just their "do no evil" stage. Now that it's open season on humans, they can drop the pretence.

    Ikke-kategoriseret dell enshittificatio

  • Meta doesn’t want you to watch this video
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @Roelmaalderink Just think what you could achieve if you visited the head office in Dublin? Want some help towards the cost of the flight and production costs?

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Would you like to see more #EU institutions on #Mastodon / the #Fediverse?
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @hpod16 @openrisk so that's how the EU sites operate on Twitter and the other US social media sites? I never realised that.

    Ikke-kategoriseret mastodon fediverse

  • I called our dog Tony Blair because when he was a puppy he always veered to the right as he ran.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @fesshole I had a friend who was looking after chickens. She liked to chase one of them around the enclosure calling out, "Taxi!"

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Every time I decide to post a thread to Mastodon, I'm hit with a new wave of mansplaining.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @emilymbender It's because I said "is/ought", isn't it?

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • THIS is how you advertise.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @adhdeanasl I miss being frisked on my way into night clubs, frankly.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • It’s interesting that people who support age verification have to ask what the problem is.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @markwyner well-founded opposition is now "negative chatter?"

    Ikke-kategoriseret ifyouhavetoask infosec internet privacy eukidsact

  • The AI panic looks like an orchestrated con: The bosses of these rapacious, sleazy, and infinitely sloppy companies are angling for government permission to be a cartel.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @dangillmor Eh. It is. Not "looks like." If you're a reporter, do your job.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • American foreign policy under Trump is not isolationist.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @anneapplebaum I use the shorthand "VIP lanes" to describe their strategy of impunity. "Making the world safe for corruption" is exactly what I have in mind when I think of that.

    edit: obviously, I should add the hashtag...

    #VIPLanes

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • Cowboy space's application for stupidly ridiculous numbers of ludicrously large and probably impossible orbital "AI data centers" was SO BAD that the FCC asked them for loads of info.
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @sundogplanets At least it's a win. A small consolation at any rate.

    Ikke-kategoriseret

  • When will there be AI superintelligence?
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @evan or are your smuggled premises the only point?

    Ikke-kategoriseret evanpoll poll superintelligen

  • When will there be AI superintelligence?
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @evan do you have any findings you'd like to share?

    Ikke-kategoriseret evanpoll poll superintelligen

  • When will there be AI superintelligence?
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @evan you must be compiling these things for a reason?

    Ikke-kategoriseret evanpoll poll superintelligen

  • When will there be AI superintelligence?
    muddle@infosec.exchangeM muddle@infosec.exchange

    @evan this is not just a casual interest for you. You crafted the questionnaire and your responses to it. Would I be correct in saying this?

    Ikke-kategoriseret evanpoll poll superintelligen
  • Log ind

  • Login or register to search.
Powered by NodeBB Contributors
Graciously hosted by data.coop
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Hjem
  • Seneste
  • Etiketter
  • Populære
  • Verden
  • Bruger
  • Grupper